Conversion Diary hosts the 7 Quick Takes. One of these days I am going to visit all the other QTs on a Friday.
1. My school got out on Wednesday. I still have things to do since I am a librarian and not a kid in school. As ther terminator says, "I'll be back." I worked the overdues as hard as I could. My final end of the year count was 76. I was the mean overdue lady. Most of the books or money to pay for them will find its way back to me. Eventually.
2. I was so busy between the Novena and all the praying things we went to last week and the end of school that I feel as though time has just flown by. To me it seems as though it should be May 7th instead of May whatever, the last Friday in May. When I was a kid it seemed as though those last days of school just crawled by. Now I blink and school is out.
3. I still don't have vacation plans together. Sigh. I love to travel but I don't have time to plan for it. Summer gets here and 2 months go by and it seems as though we go no where and do nothing. I am going to Oklahoma if I can figure out a way. Even if it is hot there. Because I bet it is hot there. Then in my dreams I would go someplace cold like Alaska. But I can't see that happening. But I can dream. I hope I get farther than Columbia, MO which was my last summer's vacation.
4. This is the thing I am thinking about satan--he finds you when you think that things are going great and you have love and forgiveness all figured out and then--wham, he hits you in your weakest spot. I am learning though. First, claim the blood of Jesus and repent from whatever sin led to my fall. For me that is pride or thinking I can handle things on my own, most often. Second, look for the good that Christ can bring out of the situation. Can there be reconciliation and forgiveness? Can there be a chance to learn and grow? There is some good there. Third, seek help from brothers and sisters in Christ and pray, pray , pray.
5. I would announce that my blog is finished for the summer, as in I'm not doing it, but of course that won't be the case. I have almost entirely run out of scheduled posts, so I am really in trouble my friends, right here in River City. But I hope my brain can think of a few things to write. If I pull the pictures I have on the cameras, then I can write about things I did in May. Won't that be interesting. Not.
6. One thing I definitely want to do while I am off this summer is see the Vatican Treasures at the History Museum in Forest Park.
7. At spiritual direction on Thursday my director suggested I read Letting Go by Morrie Schwartz of Tuesdays With Morrie. I feel there is an interesting intersection with this since last summer I went to a retreat with Paula D'Arcy who knew and spoke of Morrie also.