Sunday, April 25, 2010

Variegated Weekend Offerings

Friday, hubby and I went to BreadCo which is our fall back position for food on Friday evening.  We call it date night, but we have eaten there so often that the novelty and fun are gone.  It is just about eating and moving into the next part of the weekend.  We tried to have a date night on Thursday night, my hubby having borrowed Good Will Hunting from the library.  Unfortunately the DVD was scratched at one point in the last 30 minutes of the movie and I thought I would never know what happened. Sigh.  But then we were over at my son's house on Saturday and he owned a copy.  So, the date was on Saturday night! 

We heard via email that our priest has approved announcing in the bulletin that we are having Pentecost Novenas in our houses for the nine days before Pentecost from Ascension Thursday to Pentecost Eve.  Then we will bring a potluck for a unity meal at the church on Pentecost Sunday after one of the late morning masses.  It was a big step to get this much approved.  I can already hear the movement of the Holy Spirit in this.  The Spirit may pour forth on Pentecost Sunday. It is the birthday of our church. But there is still so much that needs to plan before all of this happens in May.

Saturday we went to a conference all day. There were talks on angels and protecting the family from the evils of the world and healing prayer. I will have post material from the conference if I get around to it.  And a good time was had by all.  Or at least by me. Then went over to our son's house (invited) which was near the conference.  We visited and talked about buying and selling houses and then went out to eat together.  This was a much nicer reception than the time not so long ago when he slammed the door in our faces.  My boy is growing up.  He will be 30 years old in June. There were tornado warnings and we saw a tree that had fallen on a car on the way back from the restaurant. (And why am I calling Steak and Shake a restaurant?)

Sunday I lectored 10:30 Mass. It went well and the first reading ended with joy and the Holy Spirit, so what is not to like about that?  Grocery shopping, laundry, vacuuming, dusting, what are those things and why would I care that they didn't get done this weekend?

1 comment:

Dawn Farias said...

I love Good Will Hunting! Glad you made it into your son's apartment to watch the rest of it.