Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Tuesday Treasures

I host Tuesday Treasures to encourage you to share your treasures with your friends.  Take them out and let us see them.  They don't have to have value or be special to anyone else except yourself.  But let us see them and tell us why they are special.

And here's mine--
Since my name is Mary, you might expect that I have an affinity with Mary.  And I do.  This little Madonna was purchased for me by a dear friend who is not only a Methodist, but also is now married to a preacher man.  She bought this for me while she was a single girl on a vacation to Hawaii long before I ever lived there.  In fact, while she was on that vacation, my hubby and I had our very first date back in Decatur.  So this Madonna which she brought back for me from Hawaii always reminds me of that heady time when I was falling in love. Although you can't see her expression, the hands tell you that Mary was happy.

If you have a Tuesday Treasure, leave a comment and we will come see your treasure.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Visit Jillian at Footprints Diary
http://footprintsdiary.com/ and see her treasure.

Footprints Diary said...

Mary,
Thank you. ♥

At first glance, I didn't even see the hands, but this is such a different piece. No doubt you have many happy memories associated with your namesake. :)

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Jillian ♥