Friday, April 30, 2010

Quick Takes, Vol 64

Jen at Conversion Diary hosts this meme.
Here's mine--
  1. Went to a conference last Saturday.  One of the speakers was someone who wrote books that I read and admired 30 plus years ago and still admire today.  And the amazing thing was--his talk was straight forward and easy to understand.  He spoke of love and hope.  He spoke of healing and grace.  He encouraged us to pray.  He said that studies show that the number of people who report any memory of their fathers praying with them as children when they were sick is almost zero.  The statistics for mothers is about 15%.  He pointed out what a difference it would make if we all prayed with our children when they were sick and encouraged others to do so.  So here is me encouraging you to pray with your children when they are sick, so that they hear you praying, and have your husbands pray too. Can't hurt, can it?
  2. This is the first five day week I have worked in about a month.  It is tough to work an entire week.  I had quite gotten used to having an extra day to catch up. I have had days off for Easter, for a trip to Alabama, and mostly to go to doctors about my foot.  The good news is that my foot feels a little better.  But the bad news is that when I read on line about insertional achilles tendonitis it doesn't sound promising.  There is so much contradicting advice on-line.  I have tried wearing sneakers and the pain is terrible so I won't be doing that any time soon.  The best shoes are the sandals I showed Monday, but I can't wear them to work because there is a no flip flop rule.
  3. I am going to do a little tiny give away on the Tuesday Treasures this coming Tuesday.  If you would like a chance to win a little "treasure" come visit me then and leave a comment.  And post your own treasure if you like.  See my sidebar for the explanation.
  4. My son called Moose here on the blog came by for dinner on Wednesday.  It was so great to eat as a family again, not on a holiday and not at a restaurant.  In recent years those have been the meals we have shared together.  When I daily fixed meals for my family, little did I imagine that some day it would be a treat just to do it again.
  5. But, hubby had to run off to pray the rosary at the adoration chapel and I had my women's Bible study group. I had to kick Moose out the door and run off.  But, since he grew up and left us, we have developed lives.
  6. This picture of spring.
  7. Friday, a five day work week. I made it. Yay! I haven't been home much this week.  I feel frazzled.  But my foot pain is doing somewhat better.  The little teeny low heels I have been wearing are working.  But what I want to know is, how long until I can wear my tennis shoes again?

3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm glad your hippy shoes are helping. :)
Dinner with your Moose, what a treasure. Thanks for the perspective on that one. I'm still in the 4 year old, who throws himself on the floor declaring, "I don't like tacos!" stage. . .

Mary said...

Oh, it is hubby who doesn't like tacos. My son isn't a picky eater, his daddy is.

abroadermark said...

Moose left you - now you leave him. It's fair.

Love the picture of spring!!

I know this is a short boring comment, but I've been doing computer stuff all night and my wrists are killing me. My brain is plumb tuckered out too. I'm going to bed. Goodnight, Marsidotes. Sleep tight. See you tomorrow!