Sunday, March 28, 2010

Gossamer Thoughts on the Weekend

Oh, that Word A Day Calendar hasn't let me down yet.  Build, vocabluary, build strong!  Each week I have found one of those words to recap the weekend with, i.e. Gossamer--extremely light, delicate, or tenuous. 

On Friday, I managed to miss Stations of the Cross talking to my chief volunteer and oldest friend in the Lou, Mel.  She is working her way back into teaching through adventures in substituting.  We had some things to discuss.  It was a great reminder that sometimes it is nice to have a friend to laugh with, and for me, Mel has been one of those kinds of friends.

Saturday came and the reality of a health issue I have been dealing with for a while, finally set in.  I have had heel pain and have blamed plantar fasicitis (the spelling of this could be off slightly, but close).  But, I had to confront the issue that this foot pain might be a stress fracture, or if is is the plantar fasicitis then I need doctor's advice because the Aleve isn't cutting through the pain anymore.  This has been going on since at least December and it is time to take some action.  So I made a plan to contact my doctor next week. I am probably the only person in the world who has to build up the courage to call the doctor.

The other issue that was on Saturday was getting to Reconciliation.  Confession they say is good for the soul.  I can attest to that.  But getting to Confession, even though I live next door to the church had it's challenges.  But during the last hour of the Reconciliation day, I found the priest who is my confessor and I confessed.  Clean soul just in time for Easter.

I had a weepy day on Saturday.  It was like hormonal weepy.  I haven't had that kind of weepy in years.  I think that the issues of this year and the past few weeks are part of the weepiness.  The pain in my foot and the realization that it just isn't going away on it's own is another part. The illnesses of my mom and my mother-in-law who, both in their 80s, are in one way or another dealing with end of life issues is part of that. The absence of my son from my life is part.  He didn't even call to find out how his grandma did through surgery last week.  I am disappointed in him. 

Today is Passion Sunday, Palm Sunday.  Today we waved the palms and heard the readings that are hard to hear.  Christ came into Jeresalem in triumph.  He was betrayed by his friend.  He was murdered, an innocent man accused of no real crime.  The rising and saving will wait until next week.  This week evil triumphs, or seems to.  But wait until the next installment....

And because Old Woman has laid down the gauntlet of messiness I will include the following picture taken from my seat at my computer and looking down the hallway toward the master bedroom.  Nothing was staged or moved to record this picture including myself.  But, I do wonder if Old Woman and I are in fact related.  Our cleaning styles and logic are similar.
Leave the rest of the room to your imagination.  My husband's side of the room is lovely and organized.  Guess which side you can see from here?

9 comments:

Tami said...

Sorry to hear about your foot, and the rough day. I'm sure the harder part is the missing your son. I have no words of wisdom or experience to draw from, just an offer of prayer.
That and the statement that sometimes boys can be dumb. Not always, just sometimes. If I knew his number, I'd text and tell him to call his mother. I hope someone will do that for me when my goofy boys are older.

dandelionmom said...

There's still room in that basket! you could do better! I was hoping the foot was doing better but you must have just been stoic huh? I hope there's an easy fix-certainly calls for new shoes if fascitis. Sometimes a mama's gotta tell the son what she needs from him-I doubt he was trying to hurt-clues just don't come with the genetics often.

Mary said...

Thems clean clothes in that basket! I need to put them away. I went on the long walk Saturday and then I was in agony. I have sat most of today and I am some better, until I stand and try to walk.

The last time I conversed with the kid I told him that I needed him to call more and he agreed that he needed to and he would. I really do know that he loves me, but I am tired of begging him to call and fitting into corners of his life. He acted very concerned about his grandmas and said I wasn't keeping him in the loop. I told him that the loop goes two ways. Apparently I need to draw him pictures. He has a degree as an engineer. Maybe he can't understand actual words and he needs math symbols or sketches. But, I rant..... I am feeling better today.

Mary said...

Except that I may cut off the left foot. I don't need a left foot for much of anything, do I?

But I am not depressed and weepy.

Number One Son emailed tonight about his dad's b'day, the Tuesday after Easter, but not about Easter. I emailed back--who are you? Then I emailed a real answer.

Mary said...

I hate, hate, hate it when my own blog loses my comments. I would fire it if I could.

abroadermark said...

You need to quit playing on the computer, young lady, and get your side of the bedroom cleaned up. NOW! :D

Glad to hear the weepiness has passed. Sorry your boy is being naughty. I really don't think the Easter Bunny should bring him anything this year. Hope the trouble with your foot is something that is easily remedied. Oh, and I have to get up my courage to call the doctor too. Hmm...maybe we really are related.

Love you, Aunt Mary! Heehee...

Mary said...

That would be Cousin Mary. Can't sleep, but need to try again.

dandelionmom said...

Maybe it's all that stuff interrupting your sleep! I have the cure you know...dinner party! Have some company (the fussiest people you know)-just tap that obsessive/competitive side of you and use it to your advantage...I need to kick it into high gear here big time--think I'm gonna do a "find the surfaces reconnaissance" then try to deep clean a room a day this week--oh yeah-and see about teaching these kids something along the way somewhere...maybe if I leave cleaning floors until the mud dries up?boots/galoshes in the house could become a new trend maybe?

dandelionmom said...

Moose is big enough that it is not child abuse if you need to shake him...jest sayin...