Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Foot Report

Tuesday I stayed home from work and went to the doctor.  After sitting in deep pain and not sleeping with pain for significant portions of this past weekend, I decided that I needed to do something.  I called Monday and could be seen by the nurse practioner at my doctor's office on Tuesday at 9:30.  I took it.

The NP was a lovely woman.  She wears Birkenstocks and showed me her arch support, so what's not to like?  She ordered xrays.  The xrays showed no stress fracture.  She tested the plantar fascia--and pronounced it very healthy.  The achilles tendon is suspect and I have heel spurs.  She suggests going to a foot doctor and getting a shot.

The shot in the foot makes me feel a little sqwishy in the stomach.  I have foot issues.  But to end the pain, I would do it.  The problem is, I have to get an appointment with the foot doctor.  A friend at prayer group last night recommended a foot doctor.  The problem is, I know it will take a while to get in.  My foot hurts now. Typically when I make an appointment far in advance for something like that it is gone by the time the appointment gets here.  Why can't I just skip the appointment and just be well in a couple of weeks and not need an appointment?

I have several friends who have had the same problem I have with their feet and all of them just wore a boot for a while. Doctor checked them out and fitted them for a boot on the spot.  But, me, I can never do it the simple way.  And the boot wouldn't have gone with my Easter outfit I suppose.  If it still hurts next week I will try to call the foot doctor and get an appointment.  But I have neither a stress fracture nor plantar fasciitis (spelling is questionable and I am too lazy to look it up).  Then why does my foot hurt? And what shall I do until it gets better?

2 comments:

Dawn Farias said...

This is where Google can be your best friend. Have have you found anything via Google in the way of natural remedies?

Mary said...

I have done the exercises regularly for the plantar fascia. Without knowing if it is something, it is hard to treat. When I Google the symptoms I pretty much get stress fracture or achilles tendonitis and rest or exercise, that is the question.