Thursday, March 25, 2010

Cleaning Diaries--Part Three

Notice how I wisely put the cleaning off to the end of the month?  I am one smart cookie.  Although, I began to realize at the end of February that I needed to clean something and photograph the before and after and sigh, I almost changed this to the something else, something else instead of the cleaning diaries. But, forge ahead even if it is lame and boring.  That is my motto.  Let others be unique and interesting and have something important to say.  I do small things and I do them over and over and over again.

So here once again is the bed in my  "office."  I tend to pile stuff there and leave it. (As my regular reader(s) knows only too well.)

It had reached the full point at spring break. I saw that I had a cleaning post scheduled the week after break, but I was going up to Q to help my mom after her surgery, so I didn't really have time to photo journal much in the way of cleaning.  So I worked with what I had at hand. And for the purposes of the blog, it was a mess.

I slathered through the piles and this is actually the beginning of organizing. LOL

I had a bunch of junk that I had bought for a party that didn't happen and odds and ends and old elementary books from my past life.  So I grabbed a box and sent it off to a shoe in another state.  I hope they play with it all and then toss it. And forgive me my trespsses.

After I packed that box, I was able to make things look a lot better. It is simply amazing what getting rid of some stuff can do for a room.

And then I stuck the rest of the stuff somewhere else and clean, I declare it clean.  At least someone could sleep on the bed and now I can fill it up with more junk. Later.
At least now every single one of you can feel like a far superior cleaner to me. And if that isn't my purpose in life, well, I don't know what that purpose is.  Small things, over and over again, with love.

7 comments:

dandelionmom said...

NICE! I can't quite get past the step-stool though--I realize you are, shall we say, height-challenged, but on the BED???

abroadermark said...

Ummm...I think I need to send you a picture of my bedroom, Mary. I don't want you goin' around thinkin' you're messier than I am - that just wouldn't be fair. :D

Mary said...

Hubby collects everything on the floor anywhere in a tristate region and puts those things on that bed when he vacuums. Hence the step stool. On a positive note, the rest of the floors are clean when that bed is a mess.

ABM, of course, your room is messy, I have sent you my mess. Now you just need to box it up and send it to Dandelionmom and your room will be clean. It is the wandering mess.

abroadermark said...

You're brilliant, Mary!!

Watch out, DMom! ;)

Tami said...

Ahh, but Mary that is the challenge. To keep doing the same small things, over and over and over again. In fact it really is those small things that bring us the greatest joy in life.

Dawn Farias said...

I love the frame and shadow effects this new template puts on all of your pictures. I think I'm a bit jealous. ;)

Mary said...

Dawn, I don't think that it is the template, I think my camera is doing that without my intent. The template designer is fun. But it doesn't do anything to my pictures except put a white fram around them that I can see. Glad to see that you are up and reading the blogs.