Monday, March 22, 2010

Blogging This Year

So, how's it going with the new features, Library Ann?  It isn't as easy to blog as when I did the Monday Memories and Thankful Thursday every week.  I could talk about myself and my stuff until the cows came home.  But, I was feeling stale.  And if I was feeling stale, imagine how you all were feeling.  I needed to get more accomplished in my life than just the blog. 

Cleaning, for example, never my strength, had fallen into decay.  That is especially true in the office where I blog.  But I did find when I blogged about it, I was more motivated to clean.  I am not a decorator, don't even really like things "decorated."  But my house was just looking extremely tired.  With the 'alligator' in the back garden we desired to move, but it was obvious that no one in their right mind would want to live here.  While it was tempting to sell the house to crazy people, they probably couldn't pay the mortgage, so we were stuck with this house until I could get a few things updated. So once a month I am taking a stab at those areas of my life that needed some work.

I love doing the Notes to Self, but perhaps I shouldn't post them for you all to read.  I am pretty honest with me.  I am doing a little crafting, a little cooking, and a little book reporting, all things I want to do.  By scheduling a blog post about it, I hope to do those things more.  Then there are the odds and ends like the tree thing and the nature stuff.  And I fall back to the three weekend old stand-bys (Quick Takes, Boring Posts, and Sunday Prayers) because they are so open to writing about anything. And I have already made Tuesday Treasures into a regular thing but I am tired of it. I have been pretty regular on the 101 Wednesdays, but I am not sure that I am doing it exactly like Dawn imagined, but we each have our own view of things. The weekend recaps should go away, but it is too tempting when I am blogging ahead for the week not to say something in real time.

I think the changes went pretty well and I should keep making them.  My blog was more exciting to me sometimes when I didn't know what I would be writing about on Wednesday. (I still don't know, but I think it will be a 101 Wednesday.)

I have the most trouble on Thursday because there are no really regular features then. But I am resisting the Thankful Thursdays because I always felt forced.  I am not as thankful as I should be.....

But enough about me and the blog.

1 comment:

Dawn Farias said...

but I am not sure that I am doing it exactly like Dawn imagined, but we each have our own view of things.

Ahhh, 101 Wed is whatever you want it to be. :)