Friday, October 18, 2013
Seven Quick Takes
1. Friday night and all of Saturday were spent at the Fall Conference of the Catholic Charismatic Renewal of the Archdiocese of St. Louis. The theme was--Streetwise Evangelization. It was one of the best conferences ever.
2. I went to Trader Joe's and tried out some pumpkin things. There was pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin oatmeal, and a pumpkin bar mix that sounds delish! I skipped the pumpkin body butter because it said that it wasn't to be eaten. Who wants pumpkin that you can't eat?
3. Monday was a holiday for my hubby and much of the country, but not my school district. We plugged away at regular school. I would really like to start a movement to bring back Columbus Day. We could rename it--Invasion of the America's Day. Let us have a day off school to contemplate it.
4. We had the deck stained last week. I picked the colors myself. And if I do say so myself, it look great. (With all the different stain colors, I wasn't sure what to pick. I went with chocolate. You can't go wrong with chocolate.)
5. The federal workers went back to work on Thursday! I am happy for my son and my brother who were furloughed and for my husband who worked through it and will get paid for it. I am unhappy for our country which is acting a little like a banana republic. Seriously? That close to default?
6. Thursday was national shake out day. Did you have an earthquake drill? We did at school. Duck under a table and cover.
7. The weather has been glorious lately. The trees have barely started to turn. But by next week we are supposed to have our first frost.