1. Where did the weekend go? I am not at all sure. There was food acquisition somewhere in there. The carpets were cleaned. The weather turned hot. And I got more tomatoes.
2. My new high school assistant who I hired as this little blonde, was pinkish-red haired when she showed up for her first day of work on Monday. With her pierced tongue and nose she is taking some getting used to when I look at her. But she seems to be a good worker and polite.
3. I have been tired all week. I had a meeting after school on Tuesday and then prayer group. I was ready to drop by Tuesday evening. (I know it is really interesting reading about how tired I am on the blog. Fascinating stuff.)
4. At lunch on Wednesday all the teachers were talking about old time movies that they liked and old time music. You know, from like the year they graduated from high school--1988, 1991, and so on. I didn't chime in and say--I graduated from high school in 1971. I could have mentioned Saturday Night Fever or Too Sir, With Love. But, you can believe I thought it. I am one of the oldest teachers at my school.
5. So Wednesday was about the hottest day of the whole summer. Something is wrong with this picture. And Old Farmer's Almanac is predicting a very cold winter. We shall see.
6. I set the two quilt tops that were basted this week. Now I have 4 unfinished baby quilts in the hopper waiting to be quilted. And I am under a time crunch. If I take the time and work on them, I should be able to finish them for the expected babies. If time is not my friend, I will have to think of plan B.
I started this one with a little extra quilting decoration and it is taking a sweet forever.
The final set quilt top doesn't look exactly like this, but I am keeping the real one until I finish.
This one is also a little different than the layout here. I can't give away all of my secrets.
This is the watermelon quilt that I have talked about previously. It is on hold for now. The quilting is out to the edges so it won't take long to finish it.
7. I am up in Quincy with my mom for a doctor's appointment Friday. I am not looking forward to this. She is getting very forgetful. I would like to mention it to the doctor, but it will make Mom really mad, so I guess that I won't. There needs to be a road map for old age.