1. My blue toenails were a source of conflict between my mom and I the last time I was up there. She did not approve. We didn't go any farther with it than her telling me that. I had to reflect that I think of myself as the non-rebellious daughter. (I did get my ears pierced in my 20s to my mother's objection, but her main objection was--they are too Catholic, and I replied--I am Catholic. (Mom isn't))
My little rebellious blue toes made me consider the conflicts between mothers and daughters throughout history. I suppose every daughter has a thing or two of which her mother doesn't approve. My thing is blue toenails.
(And I just hired a high school library assistant who has a tongue and nose piercing.)
2. We got a new van on Saturday. It is medium silver. I think it is smarter than both of us. We have to go take a class in all of its features. Only an hour. And you think I am kidding, but I am not.
3. On Monday I went to the dentist. I have perfect gums. My terrible teeth do not need any work at the moment.
All week at school I worked on individual reading tests. It was a change of pace, but I feel as though the library is getting further and further behind. I did manage to find time to spend $1500.
4. Tuesday was spiritual direction and prayer group. I felt like I was on the run, run, run mode, which is not the right frame of mind for direction, I think.
5. Wednesday was Yayas, my women's group, in the evening. We are still on summer "social" schedule.
6. Thursday was the Area Wide Prayer Meeting again. I am not leading again. It will be fun just to go. I don't think I will ever be so nervous again, even if I have to lead. It is the 4th Thursday down at the Rigali Center.
As I was parking I saw this and --
Twin fawns and their mother on the seminary grounds.
7. Friday I am going to collapse.