1. We went over to Our Lady of the Snows last Saturday to have dinner and see the lights. The buffet is great. The lights were beautiful. I highly recommend the Way of Lights at Our Lady of the Snows in Belleville, IL as a fun Christmas tradition.
2. One of the most interesting things we saw at Snows was this--
It was a beautiful nativity picture at the end of the hall.
Going closer, I thought perhaps it was computer generated.
But even closer, I knew what that was! I stepped on enough of them back in the day.
It was a Lego mosaic of a famous painting.
3. On Sunday we went to Culvers for lunch. At home I worked on a new quilt. The pressure is off because I don't know which baby it is for yet. She is a girl because it is another pink one.
5. It snowed on Monday. I had plans that had to be abbreviated. My car was slip sliding at the stop signs. We stayed in for New Year's Eve and watched a movie, had shrimp and sparkling grape juice. Pretty boring stuff. We had prayer group on New Year's Day evening. (And took down most of the Christmas tree. Don't tell the Christmas police. We can still celebrate the season without the tree.)
6. On Wednesday morning I went to 8 am Mass and stayed for Adoration. I ended up staying longer than I planned. When I got up to leave, I didn't see anyone else in the church, so I sat back down and prayed. Then I looked around and spied one other lady in the church. It was getting close to Benediction hour and I knew that more folks would be coming, so I skedaddled.
7. I have been chosen by St. Rose of Lima. She is my patron for the year. We don't have the beauty thing in common, but she was a gardener and needle worker. She was the first saint from the Americas.